Monday, August 19, 2013

One of those weeks

This Monday (not-quite-anymore-)morning, on the cusp of the semester, I'm facing one of those weeks. You know what I mean?


Not in an inherently bad way, but in one of those ways that you know will sink into your bones, drawing out the sort of lifeblood perfectly preserved for lazy summer afternoons and injecting in its place something to force a shaking of the cobwebs. A getting-back-into-the-swing-of-things kind of hurt, with too many emails to send and boxes to unpack. I have a feeling that this time it is going to be worse, a slightly deeper rut to climb out of.


For weeks like this, I'm trying to sink into the soul-soothing for some rejuvenation. Take the moments of peace and grace where I can find them. In belated birthday flowers, in drinking tea out of an imperfect cup made myself. In the speech of another woman that strike just right. (Because, really, what is better for a heart than a beautiful collection of words? I'm not sure I've found anything yet.)



I hope you're finding the things to get you through this week. I hope they're beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment